Environmental Policy and Vision Statement
Trust Marketing Group recognizes how vital it is to incorporate environmental stewardship in the conduct of business, including the efficient and sustainable use of natural and economic resources, which incorporates practices such as energy conservation and preservation of biodiversity. Trust Marketing Group is committed to understanding the impact our organization has on the environment and working to continually improve our environmental performance, while encouraging our suppliers and customers to do the same.
To this end, we seek to adhere to principles addressing the following 3 areas, and to support these principles through specific initiatives. Our goal as an organization is to address these key aspects of our environmental performance as members of the direct marketing community:
- List Hygiene and Data Management
- Recycling and Pollution Reduction in our Workplace and Community
POSSIBLE INITIATIVES IN SUPPORT OF PRINCIPLE AREAS
I. LIST HYGIENE AND DATA MANAGEMENT
Trust Marketing Group continually endeavors to manage data and lists in an environmentally responsible manner with a focus on reducing the amount of duplicate, unwanted and undeliverable mail [to both consumers and businesses]. To achieve our goals in this area:
A. We Maintain Suppression Lists
- We maintain in-house do-not-market lists for prospects and customers who do not wish to receive future solicitations from us (as required by DMA's Commitment to Consumer Choice).
- We maintain a more detailed suppression file that enables customers and prospects to opt off our organization’s marketing lists on a selective basis, such as by frequency or by category.
B. We Offer Notice & Choice
- We provide periodic notices and opportunities for prospects to opt in or opt out of receiving future marketing contacts from our organization.
- We offer customers a choice to receive communications from our organization electronically.
E. We Test Market Offers
- We test a sample of a list before mailing or marketing to the entire list.
II. DESIGN, PRODUCTION AND PRINTING IN OUR MAIL, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION MATERIALS
We strive to design and print our advertisements and other communications in an environmentally responsible manner, and we communicate our environmental expectations to our supplier(s). Wherever feasible, in designing and printing communications, we look at opportunities for source reduction. We also communicate our goals to our suppliers. To this end:
A. We Reduce the Amount of Waste
- We test and use production methods that reduce print order overruns, waste allowances and in-process waste.
- We work with our printer to explore using new printing techniques [such as digital and computer-to-plate (CTP) printing and pdf or virtual proofing] that help reduce chemical and paper waste, and emissions.
C. We Give Preference to Recyclable and/or Reusable Materials
- We seek to utilize recycled printing and writing paper with post-consumer content (when and where feasible).
- We seek to utilize recycled paper in most of our printed communications.
III. PAPER PROCUREMENT AND CLEAN PRODUCTION
Trust Marketing Group recognizes that improving forestry practices is an important component of environmental stewardship and sustainability. We strive to procure, use, and recover paper in a manner that helps to ensure the sustainable use of forests and other natural resources. In support of this principle:
A. We Research & Understand Our Investment in Paper
- We partner, meet or dialogue with other companies, environmental groups and/or local community groups to better understand their concerns.
IV. USE OF PAPER IN PACKAGING
Trust Marketing Group believes that sourcing environmentally preferred papers and other materials is only a beginning. Equally important is efficient use of papers and materials once they are purchased.
V. RECYCLING AND POLLUTION REDUCTION IN OUR WORKPLACE AND COMMUNITY
Trust Marketing Group’s policies and initiatives in this area are guided by the Three Rs: "Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle." With this in mind, we seek an efficient and environmentally sensible workplace, as well as to promote environmental stewardship in our community. Toward this principle,
A. We Reduce & Reuse in the Workplace
- Where possible and practical, we purchase office papers, packing and packaging materials made from recycled materials with post-consumer content.
- We use recyclable materials and materials that don’t hinder the recycling process.
- We integrate the use of electronic communications (e-mail, Web and intranet) for external and internal communications.
- We use recycled paper with post-consumer content for internal company print communications.
- We develop online systems for reports, projects and monitoring to reduce paper generation.
- We reuse file folders, hanging folders and binders where appropriate.
- We substitute durable materials for disposable products.
B. We Deploy Recycling in Our Workplace
- We investigate energy, water, material usage and waste management procedures, practices, and patterns and set internal goals to reduce, reuse and recycle, and establish programs to measure internal savings in waste, energy and costs.
- We implement in-house recycling programs for:
- Printing ink and toner cartridges
- Personal and laptop computers
- Other materials such as Printers and other hardware
- We recognize employees for:
- Advancing our recycling policies and/or initiatives
- Suggesting creative or innovative environmental solutions
- Implementing other initiatives such as digital solutions
C. We Promote/Advance Recycling in Our Community
- We encourage customers to reuse, return or recycle materials where appropriate.
D. We Employ Efficient Transportation and Distribution
- We implement transportation policies and practices guided by objectives to reduce vehicular emissions, decrease traffic congestion and improve air quality. In support of this principle,:
- We use and encourage our suppliers to use eco-efficient transportation fleets
- We use and encourage our suppliers to use eco-driving to decrease fuel consumption.
- We consider geographic location when selecting suppliers.
Trust Marketing Group is committed to continually improve our environmental performance. To this end, we endeavor to make responsible, sound business decisions and wherever feasible integrate environmental considerations into all aspects of our operations. We readily acknowledge that environmental stewardship is an ongoing challenge and a continual learning experience. We continue to research best practices and to explore the possibility of partnerships with other companies, environmental and conservation organizations, and local communities, all with the intent of further strengthening our environmental stewardship.